No Bags/Hand Bags/Raincoats/Overcoat/Casual Wears/Laptops/Printed Materials will be allowed inside the Library. Note Books, however, may be allowed.
Every reader must sign the Gate Register while entering the Library.
Students will Keep Silence in the Library. Mobile Phones should be kept in “Switch Off” mode in the Library.
Library Timings will be from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M., but Issue/Return timings will be from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Book will be issued for 15 days only. However, issued books may be recalled earlier, if urgently required by the Library.
Maximum number of Books issued to a student shall be as follows: –
U G Students 05 Books
P G Students and Research Scholar 07 Books
Periodicals and Reference books will not be issued and may be consulted only in the Library.
Reference books can be borrowed for Overnight use. In case an issued-Book is not returned in time, a fine of Rs. 5/- per day will be charged up to 3 days. After this period, a fine of Rs. 10/- per day will be charged for the next 3 days. If the book is still not returned, double the cost of the latest edition of the book will be charged. No book in exchange will be accepted
Absence from the Institute/College will not be accepted as an excuse for the delay in the return of books.
No reminders will be issued to individual defaulters, but a consolidated list of defaulters will be displayed on the Notice Board.
In case a Book is reported lost or found damaged, double the cost of the book of its latest edition will be charged from the student. No book in exchange will be accepted.
Books/Old Magazines will be issued to Identity Card holders only. If a student loses his/her Identity Card, he/she will pay a fine of Rs. 250/- per Duplicate Card.
In a case of marking/underlining/folding of pages of books, double the cost of the latest edition of the book will be charged from the student.
In a case of theft/tearing/clipping of books, double the cost of the latest edition of the book will be charged from the student.
Any violation of the above Rules shall attract disciplinary action.
RULES FOR FACULTY MEMBERS:
1. A Faculty member will be books issue only from the assigned library.
2. A faculty member will Keep Silence in the Library. Mobile Phones should be kept in “Switch Off” mode in the Library.
3. Library timing for issue/return shall be 9:30 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
4. Current Periodicals/Journals/Magazines will not be issued and may be consulted in the Library/Reading room only.
5. All care must be taken to return the Books/ Journals/ Periodicals/ Magazines in the same condition in which they were issued.
6. In case Books/Journals/Periodicals/Magazines are damaged or lost, the faculty member shall be responsible for their replacement.
B. For Faculty members with minimum three months service at CGC, Lucknow:
– Maximum Ten Books may be issued to a Faculty member for a Semester/Session.
C. For Faculty members with less than three months of service at CGC, Lucknow:
– For a new Faculty member, maximum five books may be issued from the library.
D. Part-time/Visiting Faculty will be issued books on the recommendation of HOD.