RULES FOR STUDENTS :-
- No Bags/Hand Bags/Raincoats/Overcoat/Casual Wears/Laptops/Printed Materials will be allowed inside the Library. Note Books, however, may be allowed.
- Every reader must sign the Gate Register while entering the Library.
- Students will Keep Silence in the Library. Mobile Phones should be kept in “Switch Off” mode in the Library.
- Library Timings will be from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M., but Issue/Return timings will be from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Book will be issued for 15 days only. However, issued books may be recalled earlier, if urgently required by the Library.
- Maximum number of Books issued to a student shall be as follows: –
- U G Students 05 Books
- P G Students and Research Scholar 07 Books
- Periodicals and Reference books will not be issued and may be consulted only in the Library.
- Reference books can be borrowed for Overnight use. In case an issued-Book is not returned in time, a fine of Rs. 5/- per day will be charged up to 3 days. After this period, a fine of Rs. 10/- per day will be charged for the next 3 days. If the book is still not returned, double the cost of the latest edition of the book will be charged. No book in exchange will be accepted
- Absence from the Institute/College will not be accepted as an excuse for the delay in the return of books.
- No reminders will be issued to individual defaulters, but a consolidated list of defaulters will be displayed on the Notice Board.
- In case a Book is reported lost or found damaged, double the cost of the book of its latest edition will be charged from the student. No book in exchange will be accepted.
- Books/Old Magazines will be issued to Identity Card holders only. If a student loses his/her Identity Card, he/she will pay a fine of Rs. 250/- per Duplicate Card.
- In a case of marking/underlining/folding of pages of books, double the cost of the latest edition of the book will be charged from the student.
- In a case of theft/tearing/clipping of books, double the cost of the latest edition of the book will be charged from the student.
- Any violation of the above Rules shall attract disciplinary action.
RULES FOR FACULTY MEMBERS:
- A Faculty member will be books issue only from the assigned library.
- A faculty member will Keep Silence in the Library. Mobile Phones should be kept in “Switch Off” mode in the Library.
- Library timing for issue/return shall be 9:30 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
- Current Periodicals/Journals/Magazines will not be issued and may be consulted in the Library/Reading room only.
- All care must be taken to return the Books/ Journals/ Periodicals/ Magazines in the same condition in which they were issued.
- In case Books/Journals/Periodicals/Magazines are damaged or lost, the faculty member shall be responsible for their replacement.
B. For Faculty members with minimum three months service at CGC, Lucknow:
– Maximum Ten Books may be issued to a Faculty member for a Semester/Session.
C. For Faculty members with less than three months of service at CGC, Lucknow:
– For a new Faculty member, maximum five books may be issued from the library.